The Board of Governors of the German University of Technology in Oman is entrusted by the Board of Directors of Oman Educational Services LLC with the responsibility of governing the University and formulating the internal regulations for operating and managing the affairs of the University.
- The Rector of RWTH Aachen University (Chair);
- Two additional representatives of RWTH Aachen University;
- Three representatives of the shareholders of Oman Educational Services LLC;
- Three representatives of third-party stakeholders, of which:
- One member from the German Embassy in the Sultanate of Oman (non-voting member);
- One representative of the Ministry of Higher Education of the Sultanate of Oman;
- One representative of a third-party stakeholder nominated by RWTH Aachen University (e.g. a representative of the German Academic Exchange Service – DAAD),
- The Rector of GUtech (non-voting member);
- The Deputy-Rectors of GUtech (non-voting members).
- Convene its ordinary meetings at least twice a year.
- Ensure that the Vision, Mission, Values, Objectives and Strategies are reflected in the detailed planning and institutional activities of the University;
- Pass resolutions required to achieve the University`s academic, administrative and financial objectives;
- Recommend to the Board of Directors of Oman Educational Services the appointment and dismissal of the Rector of GUtech, based on recommendations made by the Rectorate of RWTH Aachen;
- Appoint and dismiss the Deputy-Rectors of GUtech, based on recommendations made by the Rectorate of RWTH Aachen;
- Establish a framework for accountability and performance evaluation of the Rector, the Deputy-Rectors and GUtech in general;
- Appraise the performance of the Rector and the Deputy-Rectors;
- Suggest the approval of the annual budget of GUtech to the Board of Directors of Oman Educational Services LLC;
- Delegate to the Rector and Deputy Rectors the authority required to carry out their responsibility with the aim of achieving GUtech`s Vision and Mission;
- Delegate to the Rectorate the authority to approve policies and regulations, as considered necessary;
- Monitor and accept responsibility for the total operations of GUtech in accordance with this Constitution, but avoid interference in management decisions or with the judgment of internal academic bodies.
The Rectorate of GUtech comprises of the Rector and the Deputy-Rectors, and is chaired by the Rector. Each member of the Rectorate has one equal vote. In case of equality of votes, the vote of the Rector decides.
The Rectorate discusses all questions related to the academic, administrative and financial development of GUtech and prepares the relevant decisions for the Rector and the Board of Governors. The Rectorate formulates the guidelines for the allocation of the University budget to the Faculties and the administrative departments. The Rectorate is entitled to define regulations implementing further quality assurance, aimed at recruiting excellence in terms of teaching and research.
The Deputy Rector for Administration and Finances has a veto right in all financial and administrative matters. In case of dispute, the Board of Governors decides.
The Rectorate may establish and abolish Committees within the University as considered necessary for the preparation of decisions and for an effective exchange of information.
The detailed framework for the modus operandi of the Rectorate is described in its Terms of Reference.
Prof. Dr.-Ing Michael Georg Modigell
Dr. Hussain Sulaiman Al Salmi
Deputy Rector for Administration and Finance
Prof. Dr. Armin Eberlein
Deputy Rector for Academic Affairs
Ms. Lorna Nairn
Associate Deputy Rector for Academic Affairs
Ms. Wasan Al Ghazi
Personal Assistant for Rector
- Campus & Facilities Management
- Procurement & Central Store
- Copy Center
- Compliance, Auditing & Financial Control
- Finance & Accounts
- Human Resources & Administration
- Information Technology Systems
- Library & Information Systems
- Registry & Student Admissions
- Support Services & Event Management
- Training & Smart Solutions Centre
- DAAD Representation
- Health, Safety, Security & Environment
- Public Affairs & International Office
- Quality Assurance & Planning
Faculty of Business and Economics
Faculty of Urban Planning & Architecture
Student Council is one of the main channels of communication between students and the University administration, as it is one of the most important ways of student participation in the development of the University
- Represent and defend the rights and interests of students attending the university;
- Provide a forum for student to express their view and interests;
- Promote the responsibility of students to maintain high standards of education;
- Be a channel of communication between students and the University in terms of concerns and ideas;
- Address the needs and interests of the student body;
- Provide support for various activities sponsored by the university
- Participate in leadership workshops and seminars;
- Prepare an annual report for the Rectorate;
- Approve all new student clubs and societies that fulfill the GUtech mission.
- President of the Student Council
- Vice President of Student Council
- Event Coordinator
- Public Relations and Marketing coordinator
- International Student Group Coordinator
- Programme representative(BSc UPAD, BSc AGEO, BSc CS, BSc STRD, BSc LOG, BEng ME, BEng PE, BEng EE)