Overview of Procurement & Central Store Unit Functions
The Procurement & Central Store Unit performs the following primary tasks:
- Facilitates the procurement of goods and services to support the research, programs, and activities of the university
- Uses best practices to obtain the highest quality equipment, supplies, and services at the least total cost
- Develops strategic supplier relationships
- Processes formal competitive solicitations and other complex procurements
- Negotiates terms and conditions with suppliers
- Ensures compliance with university, The Oman Government laws, rules, and procedures.
Procurement and Central Store Office team
Will work together to improve communications and is continually developing our web-site to be more user-friendly and make purchases information easily accessible to those involved in purchasing, within the University
Suppliers –The University’s expenditure will be with all Suppliers and preference to Oman local suppliers to encourage entrepreneurship quality for Omani Nationalist.
Suppliers will be selected for quality, delivery, service, responsiveness, contribution to innovation, and value for money. As a website strategy develops, preference will be given to suppliers with capacity to support this strategy.