The German University of Technology in Oman Procurement & Central Store assists departments with procuring goods and services to sustain, foster, and support the educational and research missions of the university.
The Unit role includes developing and maintaining an overview of the purchase and supply of all the bought-in goods and services required which will support the University and enhance overall purchasing performance and make the most effective use of resources.
Working together to develop and promote efficient and effective purchases, practices and procedures throughout higher education taking into account social, ethical and environmental issues.
Overview of Procurement & Central Store Unit Functions
The Procurement & Central Store Unit performs the following primary tasks:
- Facilitates the procurement of goods and services to support the research, programs, and activities of the university
- Uses best practices to obtain the highest quality equipment, supplies, and services at the least total cost
- Develops strategic supplier relationships
- Processes formal competitive solicitations and other complex procurements
- Negotiates terms and conditions with suppliers
- Ensures compliance with university, The Oman Government laws, rules, and procedures.
Procurement and Central Store Office team
Will work together to improve communications and is continually developing our web-site to be more user-friendly and make purchases information easily accessible to those involved in purchasing, within the University
Suppliers –The University’s expenditure will be with all Suppliers and preference to Oman local suppliers to encourage entrepreneurship quality for Omani Nationalist.
Suppliers will be selected for quality, delivery, service, responsiveness, contribution to innovation, and value for money. As a website strategy develops, preference will be given to suppliers with capacity to support this strategy.
Mr. Nabil Al Badri
Procurement Senior Executive
Mrs. Husna Al Mandhari
Mr. Bader Al Maghrebi
Procurement Assistant Executive
What We Buy
- Books and Publications and databases.
- hotel services
- Equipment and teaching aids
- Office Supplies & Stationery
- Computers and accessories / networking equipment
- Materials and laboratory devices
- Building Materials
How We Buy?
The University makes use of Preferred Supplier lists and closed tenders or three quotations, with categories of Preferred Suppliers being reviewed on a periodic basis.
How do I express an interest in becoming a Preferred Supplier?
If you are interested in becoming a Preferred Supplier you should register an interest you need to register your company with us via the online form.
If you are a local business, or a small or medium sized business, you should also should register your company with us via the online form.
You will receive a standard response to this Registration, and your details will be stored for review by the University’s Procurement & Central Store department.
For more FAQ please click here.
General Procurement Inquiries
Tel: +(968) 2206 1097, 2206 1096
Fax: +(968) 2206 1002
Procurement Office, 2sd floor, Aachen Wing, Room No. MB 272A