Transfer of Undergraduate Credits
GUtech welcomes applicants transferring from recognised and/or accredited institutions in Oman and abroad.
Recognising credit points or credit hours bearing courses you completed at another recognised institution requires us to map out the learning outcomes of these courses to specific courses in your chosen undergraduate programme at GUtech. This process is called credit transfer.
Credit Transfer Steps
Step 1: Apply for admission through the online application form to verify that you meet the general admission requirements.
Step 2: Fill out the “Application Form for Credit Transfer” that you should download here.
Step 3: Pay for the non-refundable and non-transferable fee of OMR 50 for the assessment of each course you want us to assess for credit transfer.
Step 4: Send us the form that you filled out (see step 2), the syllabus (course description/outlines) of courses courses you want us to assess as listed in the form, and the official transcripts showing credits completed and grades received with a detailed explanation of the grading system of your previous school.
You have to get your official transcript, if issued outside Oman, approved by the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation (MOHERI) before applying for credit transfer.
Credit Transfer Conditions
- Credit bearing courses subject to credit transfer may not be older than five (5) calendar years.
- Transferred credit hours/points will not be considered in the computation of GPA at GUtech.
- Only grade ‘Pass’ is awarded to the credit transfer courses
- The maximum number of credits a student may transfer cannot exceed 120 credits points required for graduation in an undergraduate programme.
- Credit transfer towards a GUtech Bachelor degree is not granted for courses that have been used towards obtaining another Bachelor level award.
- At least 120 credit points of the programme must normally be taken and satisfactorily completed at GUtech.
GUtech does not award credit transfer for uncertificated learning or learning through experience.
Credit Transfer Fee
A non-refundable and non-transferable fee of OMR 50 is applicable for the assessment of each course you want us to consider for credit transfer.
The number of courses that will be accepted and the credits that will be transferred is not guaranteed.
If we are unable to offer credit transfer, we can still offer you a study place at GUtech that is compatible with our admission requirements.