2nd International Workshop on Sensor Networks for Emergent Technologies (SNET)
in conjunction with
September 19-22, 2016
Wireless Sensor Networks have been recognized as promising tools to collect relevant, in-situ data for a wide range of application domains. Their decreasing cost and continuously improving capabilities are increasing the attention of the research and development communities toward benefiting from the spatially distributed sensors, which are capable of collecting large volumes of data about objects and spatio-temporal events of interest while operating unattended.
Several emergent technologies, including Cyber Physical Systems, Internet of Things, and VANETs, are already relying on wireless sensor networking technologies for better scalable, flexible, and economic operations. Cloud Computing and Big Data are integrating and using sensing data, particularly to maintain appropriate freshness of their data as well as to plan and balance their computing tasks.
We, therefore, believe that WSNs are premium tools for the provision of the right service to the right user/system component at the right time. To enforce this vision, this workshop aims to gather latest research breakthroughs in using sensor networking technologies to support and develop emergent technologies. We encourage researchers, experts, and practitioners from the academy and the industry to present new ideas, original research results, and practical development experiences addressing the topics below.
Authors are invited to submit original technical papers (theoretical or application) covering but not limited to the topics of interest listed below:
- Sensor Networks for Cyber Physical System Architecture
- Sensor Networks for Resilient Cyber Physical Systems
- Sensor Networks for Secure Cyber Physical Systems
- Sensor Networks for Scalable Cyber Physical Systems
- Sensor Networks for Intelligent Cyber Physical Systems
- Sensor Networks for Mobile Cyber Physical Systems
- Sensor Networks for Distributed Cyber Physical Systems
- Efficient sensor data dissemination
- Sensor Networks for Internet of Things Architecture
- Sensor Networks for Secure Internet of Things
- Sensor Networks for Scalable Internet of Things
- Sensor Networks for Intelligent Internet of Things
- Sensor Networks for Social Internet of Things
- Integration of Sensor Networks and Internet of Things
- Distributed algorithms for data and computation placement in Sensor Networks
- Big data analytics in large sensor networks
- Big data mining and processing in sensor networks
- Freshness of Big Data with Sensor Networking inputs
- Sensor data streaming via cloud computing system
- Sensor cloud systems for remote and real-time monitoring
- Architecture for sensor-cloud
- Models for sensor-cloud
- Design and integration of sensor-cloud systems
- Sensor-Cloud Applications
Submission Deadline: June 27, 2016
Author Notification: July 5, 2016
Camera Ready: July 15, 2016
Authors are requested to submit papers reporting original research results. The page limit for papers should not exceed 6 pages.
Papers should be prepared using Elsevier author guidelines of Procedia.
Authors are requested to submit their papers electronically in PDF format to this link. If you have used this system before, you can use the same username and password. If this is your first time using easychair.org, you will need to register for an account by clicking “I have no EasyChair account” button. Upon completion of registration, you will get a notification email from the system and you are ready for submitting your paper. You can upload and re-upload the paper to the system by the submission due date.
Authors of accepted papers will be invited to submit extended versions to the special issue “Sensor Networks for Emergent Technologies” of Information.
Nafaa Jabeur, German University of Technology, Sultanate of Oman
Nabil Sahli, German University of Technology, Sultanate of Oman
Technical Program Committee
Adnan Al-Anbuky, AUT University, New Zealand
Biljana Stojkoska, University Ss.Cyril and Methodius, Macedonia
Celestine Iwendi, WSN Consults Ltd
Gianluigi Ferrari, University of Parma, Italy
Jörg Dümmler, Technical University Chemnitz, Germany
Maurizio Dusi, NEC Laboratories Europe
Md Zakirul Alam Bhuiyan, School of Information Science and Engineering, Central South University, and Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Mohamad Badra, Zayed University, UAE
Mohamed Aissa, University of Nizwa, Oman
Mohammad Khan, University of Connecticut, USA
Nabil Sahli, German University of Technology, Oman
Nader Mohamed, College of Information Technology, UAE
Nafaa Jabeur, German University of Technology in Oman
Nahid Majd, California State University San Marcos, USA
Nik Bessis, University of Derby, UK
Nuwan Ganganath, Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Syed Hassan Ahmed Kynugpook, Kynugpook National University, South Korea
Youssef Iraqi, Khalifa University, UAE
Please click here for more information on registration.