You will find here answers to common questions we receive from enquirers and applicants deciding on a programme of study.
What Bachelor programmes do you offer at GUtech?
Our portfolio of Bachelor programmes includes:
- Bachelor of Engineering in Environmental Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Process Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Geosciences
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in International Business and Service Management
- Bachelor of Science in Logistics
- Bachelor of Science in Urban Planning and Architectural Design
What Master programmes do you offer at GUtech?
We offer Master programmes for aspiring professionals and fresh graduates. You can learn about each programme by following these links:
Can I study on a part-time basis?
Unfortunately studying on a part-time basis is not available to students applying for the foundation programme and the Bachelor programmes.
On the other hand, our Master programmes are built around the busy schedule of professionals. Therefore, Master classes are scheduled in late afternoon and weekend.
What are the admission requirements to the Bachelor programmes?
How do I apply? What documents are required?
The following documents are to be scanned and uploaded online for applications to the Bachelor programmes:
- A copy of your school certificate
- A copy of your civil id card/resident card or passport
- A copy of your TOEFL iBT 76/IELTS 6.0 results (if available)
Do you teach in German language?
Can I transfer to GUtech?
Yes you can! And we are able to accept transfer students to our Bachelor programmes. All transfer applications must be made through our online application.
As general guidance, applications for transfer will only be considered if you meet all of the requirements below:
- You have met the language and academic admission requirements.
- You are transferring from a recognised institution of higher education.
- You have studied the same or very similar courses to those your preferred course outline.
If you think that you may meet these criteria and would like further guidance on the likelihood of you transfer application being considered for your chosen programme of study, please contact the Admissions Office.
What are the fees for each programme of study at GUtech?
At GUtech, we make details about tuition fees straightforward and easy to find. Tuition fees for Bachelor and Master programmes include the cost of textbooks and field trips (if applicable), besides the testing cost of IC3 and IETLS official examinations for students in the foundation programme. Please see our current tuition fees here.
Do you have multiple intakes per year?
We have one intake of students per year for the Master programmes.
For Bachelor programmes we have 2 intakes per year, in February and September.
How can I pay my fees?
You can pay your tuition fees in several convenient ways:
- Bank transfer/ATM deposit to:
Bank name: Ahli Bank
Branch: Head Office Branch, Muscat
Account name: Oman Educational Services LLC
Account no.: 5101-029018-060
Account currency: Omani Rial
* Please send your payment receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay online (Omani debit/credit cards only)
- Pay in person by check or debit/credit card at our cashier’s desk on campus (Room 264A, Admin hall, Aachen wing, 2nd floor, main building).
Can I pay my tuition fees in installment?
Is IELTS mandatory? Can I ask to be exepmted?
IELTS or equivalent is not mandatory if you have passed the IGCSE English language or you have completed an IB or A level curriculum.
- The minimum TOEFL internet-based test score required is 79.
- The minimum band for IELTS is 6.0.
Do you offer accommodation?
Yes we do. You can benefit from our accommodation services for a rental fee.
Our on-campus and off-campus accommodation residences are available to all students. You can choose to live in a single room on your own or share a room with roommates. You will find all necessary information about room and apartment types, as well as the rental rates and the installment plan by visiting the accommodation website.
Where is GUtech campus located ?
GUtech campus is located in Halban, on the outskirt of Muscat, adjacent to the Muscat Expressway. Use google map to get to the campus from the expressway.
Do you offer transportation to and from campus?
We don`t own transportation vehicles to drive students to and from campus. You will have to arrange your own transportation to come to the university.
However, we can provide you with the list of transportation companies that are used to offer their services to our students. Please contact us at 2206 1112 if you would like to receive these list of transportation providers.
When should I apply?
You’ll need to apply by 1 September if you are living in Oman, and by 15 July if you require a student visa. However, don’t wait until the last moment to apply – you’ll also need time to sort out your finances, accommodation, and travel arrangements. To be safe, apply online as early as possible.
Finally, Master’s degree programmes start at different times of the year so please check each programme respective pages here for the different application deadline.
When do classes begin?
The starting date of the Winter semester is usually in September and of the Spring semester is in February. GUtech’s official academic calendar includes an overview of all important dates.